Hoffman Construction is looking for a regional safety manager in the Seattle area.
This is a roving position that requires travel throughout the Seattle area assisting various projects with Safety, Health and Environmental expertise. Successful candidate will be issued a company vehicle. Successful applicant must have a clean motor vehicle record.
Location: Seattle, Washington
Benefits: YES, Full Benefit Package
Interested parties should apply on-line at www.hoffmancorp.com/careers
References are required to be submitted with the application.
- Be part of a project team that will create and cultivate an injury and incident-free work environment.Dedicate a minimum of 80% of their time observing/correcting field safety conditions, conducting safety audits, and coaching craft personnel in best safety practices.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, owner requirements and company policies/procedures.
- Actively and professionally interact with all employees to promote safe acts and workplace conditions.
- Anticipate, identify, evaluate, and correct hazardous conditions and practices.
- Train craft personnel on new employee orientation and other construction safety training programs. Document formal training on appropriate forms.
- Ensure that subcontractor’s employees wear appropriate clothing, safety equipment and other PPE.
- Bring any safety violation and/or hazardous condition observed to the attention of the Supervisor in charge for immediate correction.
- Conduct and document safety inspections.
- Immediately visit the site of any injury, incident, or near-miss involving employees and/or equipment. Identify and protect evidence in place and note conditions, conduct interviews, take appropriate follow-up actions, and assist with the analysis.
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene monitoring and maintain records as necessary.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- A minimum 5 years construction safety related experience and/or University level coursework is recommended.
- Demonstrates technical construction safety knowledge.
- Has the capacity to conduct field observations, interactions and interventions.
- Has the people skills and ability to review and suggest improvements to task planning in the field.
- Experience in safety training and ability to provide new contractor orientation training.
- Has knowledge of hazard communication program and global harmonization system.
- Expertise in hazard recognition for construction.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and is articulate.
- Professional appearance and demeanor and an outgoing personality.
- Stellar customer service skills; must be able to relate well to diverse groups of people.
- Must be able to climb stairs, lift and carry up to 35lbs, walk, stand and/or sit up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to work effectively both in and outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of MS Office and is computer literate.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety or related field
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certifications
- OSHA 500 for construction