Title: President/Executive Director
Reports To: Chairperson of the Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Work Hours: Flexible (Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to join Evergreen Safety Council (ESC) as our President/Executive Director. Established in 1932, Evergreen Safety Council is a private, non-profit(501(c)(3)), non-governmental organization based in Kirkland, Washington, with a dedicated corps of instructors that delivers safety and health information, consulting and training to almost anywhere our clients and members need us. ESC is a member of the National Safety Council and is a Founding Member of the American Association of Safety Councils.
Evergreen Safety Council’s mission is to save lives and reduce injuries and losses, whether at work, at home, at play or on the highway.
The President/Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Directors, serving as managing director of Council operations and as the main link between the Council and our members/clients, the community as well as a liaison to organizations which help ESC accomplish our mission. The ideal candidate for this position has previous management experience and a proven track record for effective team management, a back ground in safety, and results-driven leadership.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management and operation of ESC and the protection of the organization’s financial and human assets.
- Execute all decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Plan, administer and attend all Board of Directors meetings.
- Assist the Board of Directors in the annual strategic planning and develop and implement ESC’s short and long-term goals to achieve the strategic plan.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including budget, payroll and audits.
- Handle all aspects of human resource management, including but not limited to hiring and termination, developing job descriptions, and setting compensation.
- Supervises and directs key staff in the performance of their duties; evaluates the performance of Department Managers and Directors, provides overall control and direction for the personnel function of ESC, including active participation in or approval of personnel actions.
- Evaluates the services provided by ESC in relation to specified goals and standards, implements modifications where appropriate and seeks new programs and methodology for providing services our members and clients need.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor services.
- Oversee maintenance of all ESC facilities and equipment.
- Develop and Implement advertising and marketing plans.
- Seek outside funding in the form of grants and contracts from public and private sources.
- Complete all reports generated at federal, state and local levels in a timely manner, or delegate their completion to appropriate department heads.
- Address and handle client issues that remain unresolved after being addressed by the department supervisor.
- Address legal issues as they arise, utilizing proper legal authorities as necessary.
- Maintain effective relationships with other personnel and organizations, both public and private, and actively participate in associations or organizations related to ESC.
- Uphold the Mission, Vision and Core Values of ESC at all times.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or other related field. Prior knowledge and experience with Safety Management and/or OSHA compliance is desired.
- Must be an experienced leader with appropriate business, financial, or industry experience that includes management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership and coordination of people, entrepreneurial spirit desired.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to achieve multiple bottom lines, while getting the job done.
- A professional image with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work independently/self-directed, and be accountable for actions
- Ability to interface effectively within all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PPT)
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues calmly and professionally
- Enjoys change and fast-paced work environments with an assertive and proactive personality.
- Ability to help develop tools to enable new methods of delivering/and/or enhancing training to our members/clients.
- Based on education and experience. Range: $85,000 – $105,000.
- Full employee medical/dental/vision insurance benefits after 90 days;
- Life insurance policy;
- EAP program;
- Access to 401(k) retirement plan;
- Access to supplemental benefits;
- Holiday, vacation & sick paid time off
- No phone calls
- Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Stephanie@esc.org
- Deadline for Applications: September 15, 2017
Additional company information can be found online: www.esc.org.