RSVP ONLINE for the May Meeting
May Chapter Meeting
Date: May 22, 2013 (Wednesday Evening)
Time: 5:30 PM to 7:45 PM (Evening Dinner Meeting)
Location: Kenworth Plant (Renton, WA)
1601 N 8th Street, Renton, Washington, 98057
Speaker: STEVE MILLER
Company: PACCAR, Inc. (Kenworth Facility)
Presentation: ELECTROSTATIC SPRAY PAINTING, PLANT TOUR
Steve Miller will discuss Electrostatic Spray Painting and provide a plant tour of the Kenworth facility in Renton.
Price per person is $25 that includes non-alcoholic beverages and dinner. There is limit to the number of guests so only the first 25 people who RSVP can attend. You must RSVP to attend.
Clothing requirements for touring the Kenworth facility:
- long pants (no skirts or shorts)
- short sleeved shirts (no tank tops)
- substantial leather shoes (no tennis shoes, sandals or open toed shoes)
The facility will provide eye protection so if you wear glasses, be sure to wear safety side shields. Hearing protection is not required since the tour is after production has stopped for the day.
Relevance to ASSE members:
Learn about the safety concerns regarding electrostatic spray painting and see innovative solutions the Kenworth facility has applied to creating a safe working environment.
Steve Miller is the Corporate Safety Manager with Paccar overseeing a number of operations in multiple states and countries. Steve is an Industrial Hygienist with years of experience both with Paccar and other industries.
Welcome to the American Society of Safety Engineers Puget Sound Chapter Website.
Top 10 Reasons to Join ASSE
1. Interaction with people in the profession. While we are all strong advocates of technological advancement, ASSE serves as your primary link to colleagues, allowing members to put names with faces and keeping them in touch with who's doing what.
2. Get frequent updates on industry changes. Keeping track of the latest industry techniques and trends in safety could be quite difficult. However, through ASSE's publications, educational sessions and website, members can hear about the most recent innovations and never question the accuracy of their information.
3. In today’s technological age, one of the most valuable commodities is information. The exchange of ideas and information and the need to work with others will prove easier with ASSE's assistance.
4. Prepare for the future. ASSE provides vision on how the SH&E profession will look in the coming years. While members focus on maintaining daily operations, ASSE will look at what is to come and what will provide new opportunities.
5. Keep up with new laws and regulations. Stay attuned to the legislative and regulatory issues affecting the company's bottom line. ASSE will continue monitoring these pertinent issues and let you know when to take action.
6. Sharpen your skills. By attending ASSE's educational sessions, seminars, conferences, and by visiting expositions, members can easily stay on top of their professional game
7. Save time and money. When seeking ideas and know-how for a specific project, don't reinvent the wheel. ASSE has the tools and information resources to lead you in the right direction, saving you valuable time and money.
8. Increase your clout. ASSE can provide the skills and tools needed to climb the "corporate ladder”. A membership with ASSE can help safety professionals stand out from their peers, getting them the recognition they deserve.
9. With constant changes occurring in the workplace, standards continually need updating, membership with ASSE can help ensure that your organization is in sound standing by providing you with information and assistance.
10. Discounts on services. ASSE provides reduced rates on technical publications, seminars, conferences and other personal member services.